SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
Same Day Shipping by 4pm & Delivery Date Estimate
Discover Aviation provides same day shipment of in stock items if the order is received prior to 4 pm local time at the origin warehouse of the shipment using the carrier UPS. Orders placed with carrier USPS, FedEx or other carriers are not covered in the 4 pm same day shipping policy. For online orders, items in the Shopping Cart will display stock status as well as an expected delivery day based on the shipping method chosen when "Default" origin is used. This date will factor the time the order is placed as well as origin warehouse and destination zip code. Carrier delays due to weather and other factors outside of our control removes Discover Aviation, LLCs responsibility from quoted delivery date. Delivery dates will depend on exact time of order placement, so the true expected date will be referenced on the Order Confirmation screen. On Backordered items, Out of Stock items, Special Orders, and Non-stocking Products, we will provide an expected ship date if the item is on order from the supplier. However, these dates are expected delivery date of PO's and we cannot guarantee the items will be delivered within that window as factory delays and other elements outside of our control can delay the order.
Ship and Backorder
Orders shipping within the lower 48 USA are defaulted to ship and backorder. If you have a preferred ship date other than the date of order placement, please note that in the Special Instructions as well. International and Canadian orders are defaulted to Ship Complete when all items are in stock. The customer can select the "Ship and Backorder" option is in the Shopping Cart (Customer will be charged freight on both shipments). Special instructions or credit card declines may delay fulfillment of the order.
Shipping charges provided online are calculated from the weights and dimensions of the box(es) required to ship all the items on the order. The system will look for the optimal fulfillment logic to distribute the items to the required warehouse(s). Shipping rates quoted online will be applied to the order at invoicing. The exception to this is the Ship and Backorder option for International shipments in which case an estimate is provided and actual shipping charge will be calculated at time of invoicing each shipment.
Shipping costs for certain product mixes or types cannot be calculated online. Examples of these types of products are wood, metal, oversized items, made to order items and other specialty cut materials. When this is the case, the shipping costs will be calculated at the invoicing station. The shipping costs charged will be based on the exact weights and dimensions of the actual box(es) used to ship the order. This condition will be referenced in the shopping cart by a note that says 'We are unable to accurately estimate the shipping costs of your order. Shipping Costs will be Calculated at Time of Shipping'. If you would like a manual estimate before the order ships, please use the Special Instructions box in the Shopping Cart to request a manual freight quote from a member of our staff. We will evaluate the contents of the order, origin warehouse(es), and destination and provide via email a new shipping quote. Please keep in mind that the order will be held until you confirm the new shipping estimate provided by the staff member.
Some oversize charges which were not able to be predicted online will be assessed at time of shipment. Packages over 48 inches in length will be assessed an additional handling fee as declared in the carrier's service guide. All packages will be charged at the greater of actual or dimensional weight. Pursuant to the carrier service guide, packages over 96 inches in length or 130 inches length and girth will also be assessed a fee for exceeding the maximum package size, in addition to being billed at a 90lb oversize rate. Dimensional weight is calculated as the total cubic inches of a package divided by a dimensional weight factor (domestic US is 194, outside US is 166). Some oversized items can be cut for shipping. If you think this might apply, please return to your shopping cart and include cutting instructions in the Special Instructions box.
Hazardous items may be assessed an additional hazardous shipping charge for each package containing hazardous materials. This fee, if it applies, will be added to the calculated freight charge. Shipping charges for phone in sales are calculated at the time of shipping based on the weights and dimensions of the box(es) used to ship the order. If you would like an estimate, just ask your friendly Discover Aviation sales agent and they will provide you one.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $350 / $250
Most orders over $350 in merchandise value, shipping within the 48 contiguous United States and within Alaska, will be shipped prepaid, with Discover Aviation paying the shipping cost. If your order qualifies for free shipping, it will be offered as a shipping method in the Shopping Cart. 'Free Ground' must be selected as the shipping method for the order to ship prepaid. Any other shipping selection will bill the quoted amount at the time of invoicing. Please inquire at the time of order if you have questions regarding the free shipping policy as it applies to your order. Normally, Free Shipping orders will be shipped via UPS, although if it is more economical, a different service like USPS may be used. Orders shipping by Fedex Ground do not qualify for prepaid shipping. Prepaid shipping is offered on battery and tire orders (some exceptions apply). For our dealer and wholesale customers, free shipping is offered for orders over $250. The same rules in the above section apply to the dealer free shipping policy. Free shipping must be requested at the time of order with your sales person on phone in orders. To qualify for free shipping in Alaska, the order must ship complete (one shipment) from our local Alaska branch in Wasilla to qualify.
Free Truck Freight on Orders over $5000
Discover Aviation will offer free freight on truck orders over $5,000. This is for all truck orders shipped to the 48 lower states. The order will have to ship from the warehouse closest to the customer. We will hold the order until we can ship complete from the closest warehouse to customer. If a customer wants us to ship and backorder, we will pay the freight on the first shipment by truck, but the customer will be responsible for the freight on the backordered items. 55 gallon drums and engine cylinders are excluded from free truck freight offer.
Free Shipping Exclusions
Orders that contain 5 gallon containers, engine cylinders, oversized items, specially cut materials (ie wood, metal, foam, rolled fabric, etc), packages measuring more than 84 inches length and girth or 48 inches long or exceed 100 pounds total weight are excluded from this promotion. Special order or made to order items may be excluded from the shipping promotion. Core charges, hazardous materials fees, box charges, and insurance are not considered part of the order minimum for free shipping evaluation. Please note that Discover Aviation prepaid shipping policies do not apply to COD orders.
Order Fulfillment / Rates
Domestic / Lower 48 Default Origin
- UPS Ground: Automated fulfillment logic evaluates contents of order, parts availability and destination to determine warehouse allocation and rate. The system will determine the warehouse with the best combination of stock, transit time, and distance and allocate as many parts from this warehouse as possible. If there are remaining items, it will consolidate to the least number of shipments. The orders will be automatically split and fulfilled from the warehouses determined as required by the system. The shopping cart and order confirmation screen will show the estimated delivery dates for each shipment that you can expect for your order. The freight charge quoted online is calculated by determining the package size(s) required to ship the order complete from the primary warehouse selected. The freight charge, if applicable, will be applied to the primary shipment, and the other shipments will invoice with no additional freight costs. When the basket contains item(s) that are not covered in our free shipping policy as additional shipments, i.e. metal, wood, oversized items, etc, the default logic will evaluate each origin as the primary warehouse and select the lowest possible cost fulfillment. This may mean that another primary warehouse selection could provide parts sooner, but the logic will provide the most economical fulfillment option. Each package will rate from the warehouse it is shipping from, and the rate in the shopping cart will be the sum of all shipments required to complete the order. Each shipment will be invoiced with the associated charge for the items on that invoice.
- UPS Next Day / 2-Day / 3-Day: Default logic will evaluate the contents of the order, the destination, and the available warehouses with respect to warehouse same-day shipping cutoff times. When all warehouses are open, the system will look for the combination of most complete and closest. However, if a further warehouse is complete but the closer warehouse will require multiple shipments due to incomplete stock, the system will select the further warehouse to minimize the number of shipments and freight cost for the customer. As warehouse cutoff times pass, the system will look to get all parts from open warehouses to ship same day for soonest possible delivery. As a result, the default logic for UPS Air methods may not be the most economical, but will ensure that the parts will deliver as quickly and efficiently as possible. Each package will rate from the warehouse it is shipping from, and the rate in the shopping cart will be the sum of all shipments required to complete the order. Each shipment will be invoiced with the associated freight charge for the items on that invoice.
- USPS: For USPS Priority and First Class Mail, the default logic will run through each origin as the primary warehouse and select the lowest possible cost fulfillment. This may mean that another primary warehouse selection could provide parts sooner, but the logic will look for the most economical. Each package will rate from the warehouse it is shipping from, and the rate in the shopping cart will be the sum of all shipments required to complete the order. Each shipment will be invoiced with the associated charge for the items on that invoice. Please note that USPS orders are not covered under our "Orders by 4pm Same Day Shipping" policy. USPS orders generally ship the following business day. Delivery dates provided are estimates, items may arrive sooner or later than displayed in the checkout. First Class Mail shipments are not trackable, allow 7-10 business days for arrival. USPS options are not offered on all orders due to carrier restrictions (i.e. Hazardous, over-weight, etc).
- LTL Freight: Orders that are over the maximum weight / dimensions for UPS ground will be offered UPS LTL Freight. The default selection will choose a primary warehouse (West, Midwest, East), and import the order to that warehouse as one complete order. The shipping rate provided in the cart is for the entire order to ship from that origin warehouse. The rate provided in the cart is for the entire order to be fulfilled as one shipment from the selected origin warehouse. The order will ship when all stock is on hand at the warehouse.
Warehouse Origin Override
- UPS Ground: If the user overrides the origin warehouse and chooses the primary warehouse from the list of warehouses and the items on the order are not excluded from our free shipping offer, i.e. hazardous, oversized, metal, wood, etc, the order will import to the selected warehouse as a complete order. The shipping rate provided will be the complete order from the warehouse selected. We will process the order through the warehouse selected and fill the available parts from that warehouse. Once invoiced, a backorder will generate which will be filled in the most efficient way determined. No additional freight costs will be applied to the backorders. If the basket contains items that are excluded from our free freight policy, the system will fill the parts from the selected warehouse, and use the automated logic set forth in the previous section to most efficiently fill the remaining items. The order will be automatically split and filled from the necessary warehouses. The shipping rate provided in the shopping cart will be the sum of each package / warehouse required to complete the order. The individual shipments will get the appropriate individual rates applied to them at invoicing.
- USPS: The system will fill the parts from the selected warehouse, and use the automated logic set forth in the previous section to most efficiently fill the remaining items. The order will be automatically split and fill from the necessary warehouses. The shipping rate provided in the shopping cart will be the sum of each package from the warehouses required to complete the order. The individual shipments will get the appropriate individual rates applied to them at invoicing. Same USPS notes and restrictions stated in previous section apply.
- LTL Freight: The Order will import to the selected warehouse with the shipping rate determined by the complete order shipping from that location. The order is set to ship complete upon import, and we will wait for complete stock before sending the order. If ship and backorder is requested, additional shipping charges will apply.
- When an Alaskan zip code is entered as the destination, the warehouse origin will default to our Wasilla, AK location. This local operation provides the most economical shipping rates. Items not in stock at the local branch will be transferred from other locations and fulfilled from the Alaska branch when they are received unless otherwise directed. The user also has the option in the shopping cart to select an origin warehouse in the lower 48, at which point the shipping rate provided will be for all packages required to fill the order.
- For international destinations, the system will evaluate stock at all export warehouses to determine the default selection of warehouse origin. The user can override the selection and choose a different warehouse origin. The orders are rated as complete by default, and all parts on the order are imported to the selected origin. The user can select to have the items "Ship and Backorder", in which case, the system will estimate the shipping for the items in stock at the selected warehouse, as well as estimate the shipping for the items not in stock as a complete second shipment. The estimates will be added together and a freight estimate provided. Please note the "Ship and Backorder" option will provide a freight estimate only, and actual freight will be calculated based on the packages' weight / dimensions at the time of shipping.
Discover Aviation is recognized as the leading source of materials for aircraft builders, owners and pilots around the world. Over the past 50 years we have developed a family of customers in every part of the globe. Our International order department is more than happy to assist you in placing and processing your order for international shipment. Please note the following guidelines for placing an international order. You may place your order with any of our international representatives or directly with our USA, Corona facility. Correspondence should be sent in English or Spanish to expedite service.
To economize on the shipping costs, International orders are generally shipped complete unless otherwise advised by the customer. We utilize UPS, Fed-Ex and Air Parcel Post for most international shipments. Shipments by UPS and Fed-Ex are highly recommended because of the excellent traceability of the shipments. Parcel post traces are very time consuming and unreliable. We cannot be responsible for shipments made by Parcel Post. Our international department also utilizes the services of many other air and sea carriers. Should the services of a freight forwarder be necessary we can work with one who is familiar with our service or with one of your choice to meet all your shipment requirements.
All freight, duty and customs charges are the responsibility of the customer. If Discover Aviation is billed these charges on your behalf, you agree that you will be billed by Discover Aviation for these charges.
Carriers Shipping Cutoff Times
UPS orders will need to be placed before 4:00 pm EST and 4:00 pm PST Monday-Friday to ship out the same business day. Click here to visit the UPS website for the most up-to-date transit time information.
FedEx Priority & Economy orders will need to be placed before 3:00 pm EST and 1:00 pm PST Monday-Friday to ship out the same business day. FedEx Ground orders will need to be placed before 3:00 pm EST and 1:00 pm PST Monday-Friday to ship out the same business day.
Most USPS Priority Mail & 1st Class placed before 11:00 am local time Monday-Friday at the origin warehouse will ship out the same business day. USPS orders are not covered under our same day shipping program so we cannot guarantee this cutoff time for same day shipping. Order placed after cutoff will be picked up by USPS on the next business day. We will use the flat rate box service if your parts fit in the box and the service cost is less than USPS Priority Mail. No tracking is available on First Class Mail. Allow 7-10 business days for delivery on First Class mail orders.